miércoles, 24 de octubre de 2018

Sports Journalism in Chile




As I’m a journalism student, obviously I’m going to talk about journalism. But particularly I want to talk about sports journalism in Chile and the problem of approach that I think the media have.

In effect I believe that in Chile there is a problem because most media only talk about football in the sports section and the other sports are forgotten.

It seems that sports like handball, golf, volleyball or rugby don’t exist. But I’m sure that theses sports were shown in the media, people would see them. But the problem is that we are always shown the same.

Also this focus in football is only for men. If we make the exercise of to watch TV or to read the newspapers we can see that in general women are ignored. But fortunately in the last time the Chilean national women's team has appeared in the media, but I reiterate that only in football.

In the future, if I have the possibility of being a media editor, I would like to give emphasis to other sports and that women have more prominence.



Resultado de imagen para periodismo deportivo

4 comentarios:

  1. I think that other sports are indeed very important and I would love to see more variety in sports on tv.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. It's a shame that only football gets the highlight :<

    ResponderEliminar

  3. I'm not really interested on sports, but the coverage of other sports is quite poor in the Chilean media, that's a fact...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Agreed. I love football but it shouldn't be the only focus.

    ResponderEliminar